VN Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Intro posts!

3 posters

Go down

Intro posts! Empty Intro posts!

Post  Grace (Kai) Thu May 31, 2012 8:14 pm

Just in case we never get to the whole chatting online all at the same thing, let's introduce ourselves Razz

I'm Grace, a soon-to-be college graduate. As of late I seem to go by Kai a lot, short for Kairos, my typical online gaming handle (and is definitely a female name, thanks). The only one here who knows me by my online moniker of DS is probably Rae, haha.

Majored in journalism and political science, minored in psychology. Studied a bit of Japanese and am going to teach English (assist in it more like) and be a cultural ambassador of sorts for the JET Program in Japan. Not sure about the city yet, but I'll be in the Aomori prefecture.

For this project, I believe I'll kind of be the general leader figure person thing etc. No idea how that came about either. I'm primarily a writer, though I can dabble in art and at least be able to follow along with the programming. I may help out in various places, but the writing and coordination will still be my mainstay.

Other hobbies include gaming, manga, tv, anime, playing music (I play too many instruments to be good at any of them), and being a lazy bum. Some of my favorite series are -

animanga: Durarara!!, Suzumiya Haruhi, Black Cat (manga only), Liar Game, Black Lagoon, Steins;Gate, Darker than Black, fate/stay night (VN, UBW route cough)
video games: Persona 3/P3P, pretty much anything by Atlus (P4, Devil Survivor, need to fix my ps3 so I can finish Catherine), Fire Emblem (esp. 9-10), 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors, Phoenix Wright/Apollo Justice
tv: Castle, The Mentalist, Firefly, Criminal Minds, CSI
movies: Inception, Dark Knight saga, Ocean's Eleven, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, and probably Avengerssssssssss (cough)
books: Ender's Game and the Shadow series - Orson Scott Card, I Am The Messenger - Markus Zusak, Thirteen Reasons Why - Jay Asher, various Sherlock Holmes and Agatha Christie stuffs
music (may as well): Muse, Rise Against, Lostprophets, Vienna Teng, many more. Primarily Japanese OST stuff, alt rock, metal, loud.

If there's anything else you want to know, feel free to ask! (And yes, you must list favorite things. So we can see what kind of tastes/genres people are into. Just saying. It was hard for me, too! Watch me edit this post maybe seventeen times over or something.)

Grace (Kai)

Back to top Go down

Intro posts! Empty Re: Intro posts!

Post  Kelbourne Thu May 31, 2012 8:55 pm

Well, I'm Ed. Or Kel as Grace/Kai will probably call me most of the time. It's short for my typical handle for gaming, forums, and whatever else. I work for Abercrombie and Fitch and will be enlisting in the United States Coast Guard before the year is out.

In terms of the project... Well, I write things. I like to think I'm good at it and have been told my work is good by several people, but I have an inferiority complex about my work. I have zero artistic talent and know a little bit about coding (a very little bit), so I'm sorry to say I won't be much use in either of those fields.

My hobbies in a simplistic list format include: Anime, collecting figures, writing, reading, martial arts, visual novels, tabletop games, weight lifting, video games, manga, more anime, watching horror films, trolling, and yet more anime.

Favorite stuff (also in a somewhat simplistic list format):

Anime: Oh god. Not necessarily my favorites, I've watched to many to pick anything definitive. Uh, I like Darker Than Black, Type Moon stuff (Kara no Kyoukai and Fate/Zero being my favorites), Full Metal Panic!, Gosick, Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls (the art is great, fanservice and weak plot aside), Pretty Cure, and Bakemonogatari.

Manga: Dance in the Vampire Bund, Princess Resurrection/Kaibutsu Oujo, Medaka Box, Rosario + Vampire (don't give me shit for this), and Black Lagoon.

Video Games: F.E.A.R., Dead Space, Aion, The Tales series, Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War (screw DoW II), AoE 2, and 999.

Visual Novels: Kamidori Alchemy Meister, Heartwork, Sekien no Inganock, Phantom of Inferno, and G-Senjou no Maou.

TV Shows (I rarely watch any): The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, NCIS, and Criminal Minds.

Books: Pretty much anything Dean Koontz or Stephen King writes, Gaunt's Ghosts Series, The Black Company series, The Scarlet Pimpernel, and Rex Stout's Nero Wolfe Series.

Music: Mostly metal, rock, and Anime OSTs. A small amount of rap. If I had to name a few: Soilwork, AKB48, Disturbed, Bob Dylan, and Eminem.

If there is anything else you guys care about let me know. I'll answer just about anything.

Kelbourne

Back to top Go down

Post  Rae Thu May 31, 2012 11:20 pm

Name: I don't like mine; don't use it.
Username(s): I usually go by Rae, though recently people have been calling me Seph (short for Sephirael, a name I made up for MMO and DnD use).
Major: Computer Science, Systems focus, AKA nothing relating to VNs. Unless we want an MMO VN, because that's such a brilliant idea.
Potential Role(s): Editing, Q/C, Coding (if any). I've been a beta for 12+ authors over several years, and am used to coding/debugging. I also have a little bit of experience with Photoshop, though not enough to fill any sort of established role.

Animanga: Steins;Gate, anything by TYPE MOON, Black Lagoon, Mai Hime, Claymore, NANA, a couple hundred more I thought were good enough to keep but can't remember now.
Video Games: Tales of, Phoenix Wright, Lightni-I mean, FFXIII, Skies of Arcadia, most things by Atlus, Oblivion, Harvest Moon/Rune Factory, Legend of Zelda
TV: Haven't watched anything in years except Lie To Me.
Books: I used to have a bunch of these, but I've been doing so little reading for the past few years...
Music: Pretty much what DS said, though less on the loud side. I'll add Breaking Benjamin and Loreena Mckennitt and a lot of anime OP/EDs.
VNs: FSN, Ever17, G-Senjou, some random turn-based strategy ones, Kamidori, Princess Waltz
Other Hobbies: piano, violin, Japanese Jujitsu, failing to sleep

Rae

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum